How To Turn Off Subtitles On Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime Video has now become one of the big players in the streaming market with a collection of brilliant shows and films. But another thing that’s great about it is its long list of features. Today we will help you with one of these features. So let’s talk about how to turn off subtitles on Amazon Prime.
Closed captions are great to have since they allow you to watch the content of other languages. But they can also be a bit cumbersome as they take up the screen and are distracting. So you should know how to turn them off.
However, you may also want to turn on closed captions. If that’s something you want, we got you covered there as well. You can check out our guide on how to turn on subtitles on Amazon Prime right here. With that out of the way, let’s get back to the current guide.
How to turn on closed captions off Amazon Prime?
Let’s start off with the more popular platform that used to watch content on Amazon Prime. That of course is a laptop or PC. You can find the steps to remove subtitles down below-
- Log in with your ID on the officialAmazon Prime Videowebsite.
- Find ashow or movie you’d like to watch and play it.
- Now click on the playback menu option and find the text bubble (on the right upper corner).
- From the list of options, select “Off”.
How to turn off subtitles on Amazon Prime App and Smart TVs?
Besides laptops or PCs, there is also the Amazon Android /iOS app that the service is used on a lot. So of course we will be going over those as well. Let’s begin with the steps for the app-
- Open the Amazon Prime Video app on Android or iPhone device.
- Find the film or episode you want to watch and play it.
- Tap on the “Text bubble icon” in the corner of the screen.
- Select the “Off” option.
- Open the Amazon Prime Video app on your smart tv
- Play a film or episode.
- Access the playback menu and choose the “CC” option.
- Select the “Off” option to remove closed captions.
How do I permanently turn off subtitles?
This is probably an issue you’ll come across after following the above steps. You’ll notice that even after removing captions, they seem to turn back on themselves. So follow the steps below to deal with this issue-
- Turn off subtitles as described above.
- Log out of the official Amazon Prime website, or uninstall the Amazon Prime app.
- Log into the official Amazon Prime website, or reinstall the Amazon Prime app.
- If subtitles are still on, turn them off as described above.
- Play a different show or movie, then check to see if captions are off.
If the problem still persists, you should contact Amazon support. However, you might also want to check your device as well. There may be a CC option on the remote or even device settings, so check that as well.
You can turn off subtitles by selecting the ‘Off’ option found by clicking the text bubble icon while watching movies or shows. If subtitles still turn on themselves, log out and log back in again with your Prime Video account.
You can remove subtitles by selecting the option from the text bubble icon.
You can customize the subtitle options while watching a movie or series. Click on the “text bubble icon” located in the upper right corner.
October 17, 2022