How To Remove Credit Card Details From Netflix?
Netflix is a streaming behemoth with the biggest catalog of movies and TV shows. But that doesn’t mean it’s for everyone; maybe you have a niche taste and are comfortable with some other platform. So you should probably know how to remove credit card details from Netflix.
Now the process to actually remove your payment method details is very lengthy and complicated. Since Netflix does not technically allow one to remove them, if you are planning to do so, make sure you’re ok with letting go of your netflix account.
But before you pull the trigger, maybe you can think about giving the platform another shot? There is an upcoming Netflix original film called ‘Heart of Stones’ starring Gal Gadot and Bollywood’s own Alia Bhatt. You can read about it right here.
Remove credit card details from Netflix account
We hope you’re sure that you are done with this streaming platform because the following steps will involve deactivating your account. So without further ado, let’s go over the steps to remove your payment method from the account.
1. First, just log in to your Netflix account just like usual.
2. Now head over to the corner of the homepage to your profile icon and select “account”.
3. Here at the top you will see your payment details along with the “cancel membership” option. You need to click on it to begin the process of cancellation of your netflix subscription.
4. After that you will get a final confirmation option. Click on finish cancellation to finish the process and deactivate your account.
5. Now that you have deactivated your account, you can still come back and reactivate it in the next 10 months if you want to.
6. As a next step, we will now be contacting customer care to request Netflix to remove our payment details. So go back to your homepage and select the option below account which is “Help Centre”
7. Here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see an option to either Call Netflix support or start a live chat.
8. Choose whatever option you see fit, and ask Netflix to remove your payment information.
That’s it, after all, that you will have finally removed your credit card information from the streaming platform. Just to clarify, there is no proper way to remove the payment method from your account; you will have to deactivate your account if you wish to do so.
No, there is simply no proper way to remove a credit card or payment information from your Netflix account. You will have to deactivate your account and contact customer support to request removal if you want to,
You can find how to contact Netflix’s customer care in the help center, which can be found below the account on the Netflix homepage.
July 1, 2022