How To Delete A Netflix Profile?
Netflix is the biggest name in the streaming market right now. Although there is a lot more competition now, all the other services have taken some form of inspiration and feature from the streaming giant. One of these features is “Netflix Profile” which we will be discussing today.
This is one of the best features of Netflix which allows you to have multiple users on the same account. Each profile has a separate history, preferences, language and other personalization features available. But can you remove one profile and how many are possible on one account? Let’s answer that and more in this guide.
But before we begin, let us talk a bit about Netflix itself. One of the most anticipated releases on the service this year is Stranger Things’ latest season. But did you know that each episode of Stranger Things Season 4 is worth $30 Million? You can read about it in our article. So with that, let’s begin the guide.
How to Delete a Netflix Profile?
Now you can edit or delete a profile on Netflix on any device. So it doesn’t matter whether you’re on Desktop, iOS, Android, or even TV, it is possible everywhere. And of course, we will go over the steps for each of them. Let’s start with the steps for desktop-
Delete Netflix Profile on desktop
- Open the Netflix website on your browser and sign in.
- On the “Who’s watching” page, click on “Manage Profiles”
- A marker-like icon will appear on all profiles. Select the one you want to delete.
- Click on “Delete Profile” at the bottom of the screen to delete that particular profile.
Delete Netflix Profile on iPhone
- Open up the Netflix app on your iPhone and make sure you’re signed in.
- On the “Who’s watching” screen, select “Edit” from the top right.
- Now you will see a marker-like icon on all profiles. Select the profile you wish to delete.
- Click on “Delete” at the bottom and hit confirm to remove that profile.
Delete Netflix Profile on Android phone
- Open the official Netflix app on your Android device and sign in.
- Tap on the top-right icon on the home page, this will take you to the “Profiles & more” page.
- Now select “Manage Profiles” found at the top of the page.
- Here you will see all the profiles with a marker-like icon on them.
- Select the one you want to remove and tap on “Delete Profile” to delete it from the account.
Also, check out our article on how to change payment method on netflix here!
Delete Netflix Profile on TV
- On the “Who’s Watching” screen, hover over the profile you wish to remove.
- You will see a marker-like icon below it, select to go to your profile edit screen.
- Here, select “Delete Profile” at the bottom of the screen to remove it from your account.
And there you have it, now you know how to remove a profile from Netflix with any device. Now you might think why would we even need to do this, just create a new one if you don’t like the old one. However, there is a limit to the number of profiles. Let’s discuss that in the next section.
How many accounts can you have on Netflix?
There is a limit to the number of profiles that you can have at a time on Netflix. The maximum limit for that as of right now is 5. That is why you need to know how to remove profiles as you might need to remove one to add another profile.
Want to secure your Netflix profile, here is how you can lock your netflix profile.
You are allowed to have a maximum of 5 profiles at a time on Netflix.
If the delete button is not available then that means the selected profile is the primary one. A primary profile is created at the time of the creation of your Netflix account. As such, it cannot be removed from the account.
July 1, 2022